Words by Candice Boreham
Perfect for foodie millennials or young adventure travellers, for the business traveller who needs to wind down (no phone service), the retired couple wanting a beautiful holiday, or the empty nesters chasing that romantic week getaway! There really is something for everyone on Norfolk Island and it is no longer a destination only for retirees.
I recently had the pleasure of heading across to Norfolk Island for a short three-night stay, which I am very pleased to say, was lovely! Safe to say I will be back to stay for at least a week. The island offers fresh air, stunning views and the most amazing scrumptious food, which is so fresh and forever changing, depending on the season. Did I mention the views?!
My favourite accommodations, from a range we had the pleasure of viewing, include Castaway Hotel, By the Bay and Endeavour Lodge. All accommodation packages usually include flights, car hire and accommodation, so you have the ease of exploring on your own, or you can join any number of tours. Most accommodation also offer kitchenettes, so your morning coffee is never too far away. If the kiddies are holidaying with you, this addition makes it easy to prepare meals without the hassle of dining out for every meal.
There is so much on offer during the days and even nights, including;
- Breakfast bush walks, with fresh produce straight form the gardens
- Mountain biking in the national parks
- Deep sea fishing charters
- An island fish fry perched on the cliff tops
- Progressive dinners
- Dino’s Restaurant (my all-time favourite restaurant – must pre-book in advance)
- Settlement tours
- Ghost tours
- Glass bottom boat tours
- Norfolk Island Cyclorama (Fletcher’s Mutiny Cyclorama - the amazing 360° panoramic painting. Tourism Award Winner and a must-see)
- The most amazing golf course (even if you are not a golfer the lobby has the best views for an afternoon glass of bubbly)
I hope I have enticed you to visit Norfolk Island. If you would like more information, please feel free to send me an email [email protected].